NICU EYE MASK
Need two pieces of flannel fabric and a darkening fabric(Denim or corduroy), pins, template, sewing machine, needle, thread, scissors
Cut out Template
1. Layer the three pieces of material as following: Flannel 1 face up, Flannel 2 face down so that the two right sides face each other and then place the darkening material on top.
|Here I am using two very different fabrics to show the difference.|
2. Place the template on top of all three fabrics and cut them all out at the same time. I cut multiple eye masks at once.
3. Pin around so that the pieces will stay together.
|Separated to show different layers|
4. Go to the sewing machine and sew around the mask about 4/8ths (the line between 3/8 and 5/8) this doesn't have to be so precise just even. make sure to leave a space open at the top so that you can turn the whole thing right side out later on.
5. Trim so that you have about 1/4 inch left all around. and clip the curves so that they turn better.
6. Turn right side out and shape. Iron your mask flat. Turn in open edge and hand sew with a hidden stitch. I used a ladder stitch..