Monday, June 18, 2012

Teacher gifts done just in the nick of time!

Today is the last day of school.  As of 2pm today, I will have a second and a third grader.  They requested quilts for their teachers which put me in a tail spin with it being the first week of June.  But as of 11PM last night, I finished hand-tying the last of the three quilts!!!  YAY for me.  Not so much for my fingers and shoulders......

Drum roll please.........

Here is Amanda's one-to-one aide's quilt.  Mrs Elizabeth HAD to have the birds.  I had been hesitate to use it as it was sooooo bright.  But Amanda knew better and it looks lovely.


Amanda's teacher was easier in some ways.  She liked the colors.  The only problem I ran into was that she wanted to "help" which involved taking a rotary blade to the quilt top once it was pierced together.  I had to sew the two holes left by that.  I love the blues and greens in this quilt so much I want one for myself....

Then we come to Tessa's teacher, Mrs G.  Tessa wanted coffee cup fabric but finding fat quarters in that theme was impossible.  I came across one that will be released in August too late for this but I have my name on the wait list for me!!!

I found this fabric set.  I like the orange, browns and blues together....reminds me a bit of coffee.  I may need one of these for myself.
So I managed to pull it off and the girls took them to school today.  I hope that their teachers understand how much they mean to my girls......

No comments:

Post a Comment