Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day two

Woot! Look at me. Another blog post. Wow. This is huge improvement from last time.
So currently I am working on some burial items for infant loss. I have completed two burial gowns for 3-5 lbs, one girl and one boy. I am putting the ribbon on a girl gown for 1-3lbs and created a fetal demise pouch. I hope to be able to donate these to my local hospital’s bereavement team.
Some of you may know that I have been crocheting this past year for CHERUBS H.O.P.E(Helping Other Parents Expecting) Totebag Project. The project assists families expecting babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia by providing them with much needed free information and support items through a community project in which all CDH families can participate and honor their children while helping new families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
I am going to continue with this project but hope to branch out to some bereavement items in an attempt to pay it forward. Someone took the time to make sure that my son, Alexander, had something to wear when I held him to say goodbye. I want others to have that too.
I hope to publish some pictures of my completed items as soon as I figure out how. And place some links for ideas for crochet and knitting projects.
One to check out currently is: www.cdhsupport.org

No comments:

Post a Comment