Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Couch to 5K

I have never been an overly active person.  My job alone is very sedentary.  I however was always thin and never worried about weight.  And then in March, I hit 40.  My metabolism hit a brick wall and was pronounced DOA.  I am eating less and gaining weight.

I started walking but walking on your lunch break at work is not as much of a calorie burner.  You really do not want to head back to your desk all sweaty and yucky.  Especially in my office where the AC can blow all morning and never again for the rest of the afternoon.

So yesterday I decided that I was going to start the Couch to 5K program.  Not because I have ANY overwhelming urge to run a 5K race but for my own health.  My parents are a disaster of health concerns that I wish to try to ward off like the Black Death.

I downloaded the program.  Grabbed an online partner in one of my assistant Girl Scout leaders and set off.

Got up this morning at 6am and did Day 1!!!  WOOOT!

Only 8 more weeks and 2 days more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment